Saginaw Valley State University
Ryder Center User Rules
Saginaw Valley State University
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710
- Ryder Center users must check in and present valid identification (Student ID, Faculty/Staff ID, Membership ID, Government issued
ID) at the Customer Service Desk prior to using the facilities.
- Guest Membership: each member is allowed to have up to 2 guests utilize the facilities at a cost of $5/ea./day.
- Participants utilize all facilities at your own risk.
- Minors 17 and younger (excluding enrolled students) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18 & over) while in the
- In order to use the Fitness/Weight equipment, minors must have a parent or guardian present.
- Users must use sanitation cleaner and paper towels that are provided or use a towel to wipe off any bench, machine or floor. Failure to wipe off equipment may result in suspension of ones
membership. Do not spray directly on machines.
- Please read and abide by instructions and precautions posted on each piece of Fitness Center equipment. Re-rack all plates and dumbbells when finished. Misusing the equipment can result in injury and or damage to the equipment; follow directions and instructions. Ask for assistance from the staff. Do not slam, drop or throw weights or dumbbells.
- Volunteer spotters are recommended when using free weights. Do not remove plates or dumbbells from Fitness Center.
- Backpacks and gear bags must be stored in lockers. Activity areas must be clear of personal items. Campus Recreation lockers are for day use only.
- SVSU will not take responsibility for any items lost or stolen. It is your responsibility to secure your personal property.
Proper attire is required. This includes:
-Work-out attire (closed toe, rubber sole shoes, shirts, workout attire, etc.)
- Proper swim attire (swim suit w/ liner; swim diapers for untrained children).
- Please note: No belt\ buckles may be worn in pool.
- No rubber sweat suits in the facilities. Users not dressed appropriately may be asked to leave.
- Only tennis shoes or soft-soled shoes permitted in Fitness Center and on court floors. No open-toe, hard-soled, or black-soled shoes permitted. Only non-marring shoes may be worn.
- Chalk use is not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Be aware of others around you. Do not stand where you will block the equipment.
- No running is permitted in lower level hallways. Dunking or hanging on basketball rims is prohibited.
- Food or beverages are permitted only in lounge areas. Only plastic beverage containers with a screw on lid are allowed outside of lounge areas, such as water bottles.
- No alcohol or controlled substances allowed in any area. Smoking and tobacco substances are prohibited, in, around, and near
facility. Please see campus map for designated smoking areas.
- Animals are not allowed except for guide, service, or signal dogs.
- Swimming should only occur when a lifeguard is on deck. Swimmers must recognize their own limitations and act in the best interest of their own safety and safety of other swimmers. In accordance to state law, street shoes are prohibited on the pool deck.
- No swimsuits are permitted beyond the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center or in the hallways. Shirts and shoes must be worn outside of locker room and pool areas.
- Profanity, destructive or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated and members engaging in such behavior will be asked to leave. Weapons of all types are prohibited.
- Members should conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and must be courteous and respectful to facilities staff and other members.
Personal stereo equipment can be used with headphones.
- Inappropriate behavior, abusive action toward staff or equipment, or disregard of these rules may result in suspension or revoking of membership. Any refund of membership fees will be at the discretion of SVSU.